Tuesday, June 16, 2009

That Finish Line Looks a Lot Like a Starting Line

After a bit of confusion on the plane about our destination, the situation has stabilized. They just let us know that we will in fact be continuing on to New Haven. We just went to the gate they told us to, and got on. Never checked the sign. Didn't think about it. I'm usually anal about that kind of thing, but today it didn't occur to me.

After we got in the air, they mentioned Baltimore and Jack and I sort of looked at each other....hmmm.....that wasn't on the itineray.....?? This could be fun.

I haven't been to New York in years. We'll be going into the city on Thursday for a couple days of meetings. Weather permitting, we may be at the Mets game Friday. I'm excited. I love NY. Things are going really well. The new cd (my first solo album), will finally be available at robgrad.com starting Tuesday.

We had a pre-cd release party in Ft. Myers on Saturday night. It really couldn't have gone much better. A great turnout of really cool people. I played a few songs. The video for "No Apologies" looked great on the big screen. It's amazing how many people there have opened up to me over the past year or so and made me feel so at home.

All that being said.....I'm fried. Really fried. In fact, today I started to realize how low my tank is. I'm going to get a few days vacation coming up and I'm looking forward to it. Gotta recharge the batteries a little.

No comments: