Wednesday, May 6, 2009

GOOD MORNING

I'm staying at my friend's place for a few days in Venice. He's been living with his girlfriend and isn't using it much. One simple room. A bathroom. No kitchen. And I love it! I forgot how much I liked living in the heart of Venice this close to the water. Walking this stretch of beach in the morning.

I've got this great sense lately of being totally conscious of the people around me. Souls walking around, doing their own thing. And I'm just one of them. Connecting, disconnecting...it's a little hard to explain but really comforting somehow.

Another day today of ironing out logistics, tying up loose ends, and seeing friends. But right now all that seems to matter is this beautiful morning, those waves, this coffee, and some hunger pangs that need tending to.

No comments: